SCOPE Excellence Awards
SCOPE Awards for Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management have been conceptualized and instituted to recognize the contribution of Public Enterprises and to encourage outstanding persons for their hard work and leadership qualities. These Awards, for the first time, were instituted for the year 1996-97 and are given in the Institutional & Individual Categories.
Aims & Objectives
Details of Awards presented are as under
- To promote excellence, all round growth and development in organizations where the Public investment is involved
- To foster the Human Resource Development initiatives for optimizing the full potential of men and women working in the PSEs
- To recognize the outstanding contribution made by enterprises and individuals for promoting Organizational Growth
- To encourage and motivate the enterprises as well as their leaders and managers to achieve higher goals of excellence.
- SCOPE Excellence Awards for the year 1996-97 and 1997-98 were presented by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 1st April 2000 at Vigyan Bhawan
- SCOPE Excellence Awards for 1998-99 and 1999-2000 were presented by Hon’ble Vice President Shri Krishan Kant on 4th May 2002 at Vigyan Bhawan
- SCOPE Excellence Awards for the years 2000-2001 and 2001-02 were presented by Hon’ble President of India Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on 5th April 2003 at Vigyan Bhawan
- SCOPE Excellence Awards for the year 2002-03 was presented by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Dr Manmohan Singh on 4th September 2004 at Vigyan Bhawan
- SCOPE Excellence Awards for the year 2003-04 was presented by Hon’ble Vice President of India Shri Bhairon Singh Shekhawat on 10th January 2006
- SCOPE Excellence Awards 2004-05 and 2005-06 were presented by Hon’ble Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on 8th March 2007
- SCOPE Excellence Awards 2006-07 and 2007-08 were presented by Hon’ble Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on 15th October 2009
- SCOPE Excellence Awards 2008-09 was presented by Hon’ble Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on 15th December 2010
- SCOPE Excellence Awards 2009-10 were presented Hon’ble Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on 31st January 2012
- Awards Presentation Ceremony pending for last two years for 2010-11 and 2011-12 for want of availability of Hon’ble Prime Minister. The Awards were decided by the then Jury under the chairmanship of Justice P.N. Bhagwati, former Chief Justice of India.
Present Jury is headed by Justice R.C. Lahoti, Former Chief Justice of India. Other Members of the Jury are Shri Moosa Raza, former Secretary Steel, Government of India; Mr. C Phunsog, former Chairman, Public Enterprises Selection Board; Mr Arvind Pande, former Chairman, SAIL and Dr. M.B. Athreya, Renowned Management Consultant, Dr. U.D. Choubey, DG, SCOPE.
M/s Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd., is the evaluating agency which assists the Panel of Judges in deciding the awards.
Category of Awards
RECIPIENTS OF SCOPE EXCELLENCE AWARDS
- Institutional Category I (Maharatna & Navratna)
- Institutional Category II (Miniratna I & II)
- Institutional Category III (Other profit making PSEs)
- Individual Leadership Category – one each for the above three
- Special Institutional Category Award (Turnaround) and
- Outstanding Woman Manager in PSEs
|Institutional Category I
||ONGC Limited & GAIL (India) Limited
||Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd & Neyveli Lignite Corpn
||Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
|Institutional Category II
(Miniratna I & II PSE)
||Goa Shipyard Limited
THDC India Ltd
THDC India Limited
|Institutional Category III (Other Profit Making PSE)
||Petronet LNG Limited
||NTPC-SAIL Power Co Ltd
||Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd.
NTPC-SAIL Power Company Limited (Commendation Certificate)
|Individual Leadership Category I
||Mr. C.S. Verma, Chairman, SAIL
||Mr. Sudhir Vasudeva, CMD, ONGC
||Mr. S. Varadarajan, CMD, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
|Individual Leadership Category II
(Miniratna I & II PSE)
||Mr. R.K. Gupta, CMD, WAPCOS
||Mr. A.K. Purwaha, CMD, EIL
||Ms. Nishi Vasudeva, CMD, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
|Individual Leadership Category III (Other Profit Making PSE)
||Mr. Lalit Kohli, MD, NSKFDC
||Mr.A.A. Naqvi, MD, NNBCFDC
||Mr. R.K. Gupta, CMD, WAPCOS Limited
|Special Institutional Category (Turnaround)
||Cement Corporation of India
||State Farms Corpn of India & ALIMCO
|Outstanding Woman Manager in PSEs
||Ms Nishi Vasudeva, Director (Mktg), HPCL
||Ms Neeru, GGM, Container Corpn of India
||Ms. Vartika Shukla, Executive Director (R&D), Engineers India Limited